Can’t sign in to AT&T Mail? Or can’t send or receive emails? Try these tips to fix common problems.INSTRUCTIONS & INFO
Check your account, settings, connectivity, and browsers
AT&T Mail account and settings
Having issues with your email? Try these tips.
- Make sure your email:
- Meets maximize message size limits.
- Includes the correct recipient email address. If it doesn’t, you may get error messages like Failed Delivery or Problem Found – Message Not Sent.
- Sign out of your email account, and then sign back in.
- Check your spam folder for missing messages.
- To review your settings, select the gear icon:
- Blocked addresses: Make sure you aren’t blocking addresses you want to get email from.
- Filters: Make sure emails are going to the correct folder.
- Confirm you haven’t been hacked. Your account may be compromised if you’re:
- Missing emails
- Getting emails from your own email address
- Getting complaints about spam coming from your email address
- Seeing a display name that’s different from the one you set up
Connectivity or browser issues
- Open your AT&T Mail in a different web browser. For example, if you normally use Google Chrome®, try Firefox®.
- Verify that your browser accepts cookies. Then, clear your cookies and cache. You’ll find this info in your browser’s Preferences, Settings, or Options menu.
- Disable browser tools or add-ons to see if they’re causing issues with email access.
- Enable Adobe Flash Player, and make sure it’s up to date.
- Check your firewall, antivirus, and anti-spyware settings. Sometimes they conflict with email and web browsers. Disable them one at a time and try accessing your email. Don’t forget to turn them back on once you know they aren’t causing the issue.
Troubleshoot your email programs or apps
Heads up: We’re upgrading our email security. If you get your email through an email program (sometimes called an email client) or app, be sure you’re all set for the changes. Learn more about the security upgrade.
- Make sure you have an active internet connection. If you don’t, you won’t be able to access your email.
- Check to see if you have messages in your outbox folder. If so, remove them and try to send a new message.
- Review common email error codes for steps to resolve them.
- Make sure you have the correct email client settings.
For more help with your AT&T email, explore our Troubleshoot & Resolve tool.Show less
Your password doesn’t work on your smartphone
Did you recently change your email password or link your email to your AT&T user ID? Update your password on all devices you use to access your email. Get more info about shared passwords.
We can’t find that ID and password combination
Make sure you entered your ID and password correctly. For your protection, we may lock your account after too many sign-in attempts. If this happens, wait an hour or reset your password.
Your account isn’t active
Did you get a notice from AT&T Internet Services Security? If so, that means your email account was sending excessive spam. Your email account security may be compromised. To reactivate your account, contact us.
Want more ways to guard against fraud and improve your security? Explore our Fraud & security resources.
You got this error message: Accelerator Not Found
Your browser cookies and/or cache data may be corrupt. Here’s what to do:
- Clear your browser’s cookies and cache.
- Try to access your email account.
Still having trouble? Give us a call at 800.288.2020 and we’ll help you.Show lessGUIDED PROCESS
Try the Troubleshoot & Resolve tool
If you have AT&T Internet, try our Troubleshoot & Resolve tool to help with email programs like Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail.