QuickBooks offers a wide range of reporting tools which gives you a bird’s eye view for every aspect of your business. You still may need some extra features to export data into Microsoft Office application. QuickBooks support ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) interface, it allows you to export data from company file to various programs like Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Crystal Report, File maker, Alpha, or .net. In this way, you can create a custom report of QuickBooks Enterprise ODBC driver.
This software suite works seamlessly with QB Enterprise and helps you create accurate reports of financial transactions.
Export Data Files
QuickBooks Enterprise integrated with ODBC, you can easily export your data to Microsoft file application. Moreover, it simplifies your work and enables you to create custom reports regarding financial transactions effectively.
Steps to Consider while setting up QuickBooks Enterprise ODBC Driver
- Firstly, open QuickBooks and go to Utilities under the Menu bar.
- Select “Configuration ODBC” from the drop-down.
- Now turn on “Test Connection to QuickBooks”.
- Navigate to Message option and select “Detail tracing”.
- Turn on “Display Optimizer status Panel”.
- Go to the Optimizer tab and check whether path contains ODBC.
- Choose the option “The last time I pressed one of the load Data Buttons”.
- Lastly, Click on Apply and QuickBooks will configure the driver.
How to Configure QuickBooks Enterprise in ODBC?
- Choose File name >> Utilities >> Setup ODBC.
- Click on the General tab.
- Use the company file opened in QuickBooks.
- Enter QuickBooks Data.
- Test Connect to QuickBooks.
- Now select the Message tab.
- Detail Tracing
- Display Optimizer Status Panel
- Choose Display Driver Status Panel to check what ODBC is exactly working on.
- Click on Apply.
- Go to Optimizer tab
- Use the Optimizer box
- The Start every Query
- Hit Ok to exit the ODBC Driver setup.
Different QODBC Setup Options
- QODBC General Setup
The first step is to click on the QODBC Setup Screen and you will see a following general setup screen
Use the company file that’s now open in QuickBooks enables QODBC to use the company file and switch between files without creating separate DSN’s for every company file.
Locate a company file: It is the path contains your QuickBooks data files.
Data Source Name: A display name for QuickBooks Data.
Mode, when opening comprises different ways to open a QuickBooks file and this setting, helps you determine how QODBC should open every company file.
For example: selecting “multi-user mode” will allow multiple users to update the file simultaneously.
Test Connection to QuickBooks will decide whether you have a proper installation and QB settings.
- QODBC Messages Setup
The messages enable you to review message logs from QODBC. It can be messages can be related to communication issues with QuickBooks, clear these messages and check messages created by QuickBooks qbXML SDK interface.
Detail Tracing makes a trace log of QODBC background work with the application. Ensure that the log is switched off when not required as they use a large amount of disk space.
Display Optimizer Status Panel will showcase the progress of data optimization and this is very helpful for large data files being reloaded.
Display Driver Status Panel displays the work of QODBC while accessing QuickBooks data and assess the speed using optimized and non-optimized data.
How to Install and Configure QuickBooks ODBC Driver?
QuickBooks provides many rich features to its users. One such feature is that it facilitates the exchange of data between different programs. For this purpose, QuickBooks makes use of QuickBooks ODBC. Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) is a standard application that has been developed to enable communication between different programs so that they can easily exchange information with each other.
With QuickBooks ODBC, you can design your own reports. You can even combine data from different QB company files to create reports. Apart from designing reports, ODBC QuickBooks enables a QB user to personalize invoices, merge emails, etc. Moreover, as a user of QuickBooks software, you can make use of Structured Query Language (SQL) for writing your own queries.
Now, you may know the advantages of using QuickBooks Open Database Connectivity. We have listed some of them below:
Advantages of using QuickBooks ODBC Driver
- As a QuickBooks user, you can, by using Open Database Connectivity (ODBC), do a number of things. For example, you are able to create spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel, you can make tables in Microsoft Access, and you can create reports reflecting your real-time QB data in Crystal Reports.
- With QuickBooks ODBC, you can design your own reports. You can even combine data from different QB company files to create reports. Apart from designing reports, ODBC QuickBooks enables a QB user to personalize invoices, merge emails, etc. Moreover, as a user of QuickBooks software, you can make use of Structured Query Language (SQL) for writing your own queries.
- By making use of the QODBC driver, you can use third-party applications to have administrator access to QB data. The third-party applications that can be used are Microsoft Excel, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access, etc.
- You can install QuickBooks ODBC drivers for QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, QuickBooks Pro, and QuickBooks Premier.
After knowing the advantages of QuickBooks ODBC, go through the following steps to install the ODBC driver.
How to Install QuickBooks ODBC Driver?
You have to follow these steps to install QuickBooks ODBC driver in QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions –
- Navigate to the File menu in QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.
- Then, go to Utilities.
- Under the Utilities, look for Setup ODBC.
- Now, you have to download and install the QODBC driver.
- Go to the QODBC driver download page at the QODBC website of the FLEX quarters.
- When prompted, save the self-extracting executable file with the name: QODBC.exe in a temporary directory or in the My Documents folder, so as to extract the installation files.
- Before, running the QuickBooks ODBC driver installer, unload the MS Office toolbar from memory and from any other Windows applications. This is because this toolbar can impair the driver’s installation.
- From within Windows, click the install program.
- Now, you have to choose the destination directory where you want to install the QODBC support files.
- Click on the OK button to continue.
- This will install the driver.
Also Read – QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
Steps to Configure QuickBooks ODBC Driver
Follow these steps to configure QuickBooks ODBC driver –
- Firstly, click ODBC Setup Screen icon.
- QuickBooks ODBC / QODBC driver Setup Screen will appear.
- Click on the General tab.
- Under this tab, you will find the ODBC data source setup. You can select the company file you want to read from. You have also to supply the system data source name you will use to externally connect to QuickBooks. Then, you have to select a mode to tell QODBC how it should open each company file. Click Test Connection to QuickBooks button to check if installation and settings are proper with QuickBooks and a company file opened.
- Now, click on the Messages tab.
- Under this tab, you can review or clear QODBC messages. You can also review SDK messages. Use Detail Tracing if you want to create a trace log. Ensure Detail Tracing is off when not needed as trace log can consume large amounts of disk space. Under this tab, you will also find status panels to notify you when the driver is accessing QuickBooks data.
- Now, click on the Optimizer tab. Optimizer works by storing some data to a local cache so that retrieval performance for queries gets increased. This tab allows you to choose the location where the optimizations are stored. It gives you options to keep your optimized data up to date. You will see three options for balances and stock quantities – nulls, dirty reads and real-time.
- Now, click on the Advanced tab in the QuickBooks ODBC Setup Screen. Use Advance features to tweak a configuration. The defaults should be okay for most users.
- After the Advanced tab, go to the Activate/Deactivate tab. Under this tab, you can click on the Activate button to open the Activate window or Deactivate button to open the Deactivate button.
- Activation requires you to enter a CD key. Purchase from the windows, if you do not have a CD key. Press the Activate button in the window to use the internet to automatically activate this computer. Press the Manual button, if you do not have internet access.
- Deactivation also requires a CD key. Press the Deactivate button in the Deactivate window to use the internet to automatically deactivate the computer. Press the Manual button if you do not have internet access. Note that deactivation takes 24 to 48 hours to be credited to your CD key.
- Now, click the last tab on the QuickBooks ODBC / QODBC driver Setup Screen. Here, you can see which QODBC version is currently installed and whether you have installed an evaluation copy or a copy that is fully registered. The serial number’s first letter tells what type of license is installed, the QODBC version can be known by the third digit and the fourth tells with which QB version (US – United States, CA – Canada, UK – United Kingdom, AU – Australia) the license is compatible with.
- The serial number given under the About tab is important as it may be needed for upgrading, seeking rebate offers, availing technical installation support or for the help desk system. For checking whether you are using the latest QuickBooks ODBC / QODBC driver, click Check Website for Updates in the About tab.
- For QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, Intuit and FLEX quarters provide a free of cost read-only QODBC driver. This data allows the sharing of data between QuickBooks accounting software and other applications.FLEXquartersis a member of the Intuit Developer Network.
- For QuickBooks Pro or Premier, you have to buy and download the driver from the QODBC website of the FLEX quarters. For the first 30 days, you can use the driver for free.
We assume that the above blog helped you in installing QuickBooks ODBC Driver. You can easily attempt all of the above-mentioned steps on your own. But, if you are resolving the technical error manually for the first time, then we suggest you perform them under the supervision of an expert. If you require any help in installing or configuring QuickBooks ODBC driver, you can call us at our QuickBooks Error Support Number +1-888-300-3913. We provide full and instant solutions for all types of issues and errors concerning QuickBooks.
Download, Install and Configure QuickBooks ODBC Driver
QuickBooks ODBC Driver is referred as QuickBooks dedicated ODBC (Open Data Base Connectivity). The data of the QuickBooks application is stored in its own proprietary DBMS file format so that QuickBooks ODBC Driver can compliant front end application to read and edit the QB data files. The major benefit of QuickBooks Open Data Base Connectivity Driver is that there is no waiting time to get the QB data on the desktop. Moreover, the developers can access data in all of their applications. In this blog, we step into the method to Download, Install and Configure QuickBooks ODBC Driver. Hope your work efficiency with QB increases thereafter.
How to Make Use of QODBC Driver for QuickBooks?
QODBC Driver works in such an environment, where it is capable of making all QuickBooks database formats looks the same. Answering what you can do with the QODBC, here is a list of tasks that can be accomplished.
- Microsoft Office user can work with Excel to extract the company accounting or invoice information. Extraction is done straight into excel application. Consequently, it converts the data information into a spreadsheet and also create a chart where needed.
- With the help of ODBC Drivers, Microsoft Word can directly merge the customer mail data with the QuickBooks company file.
- A writer using Crystal Pro Report is capable of creating multi-file reports from the QuickBooks data file.
- QuickBooks ODBC Driver gives the flexibility to merge QuickBooks Accounting data. Merging is accomplished with other data sources like Microsoft Access or Borland Delphi to produce the complex reports. Such tools are also used to run mass file updates on the basis of multiple criteria.
From where to Download ODBC Driver for QuickBooks?
You can download the ODBC driver for QuickBooks directly from the QODBC website of the FLEX quarters. Once you Download the ODBC Driver for QuickBooks, head forward to install and configure the QuickBooks Open Database Connectivity Driver.
Tip: Before going to download, check for the system compatibility of ODBC Driver with QuickBooks. Make sure it has the same version as of your QuickBooks Desktop.
Install QODBC- The Right Way to Avoid Errors while Working with the Application
- In the web browser, open the QODBC driver download page.
- Giving the download on-screen permissions, save the self-extracting executable file.
- In the text bar, type: QODBC.exe and save it in a temporary directory or in the My Documents folder.
- Extract the installation files from the zip folder saved at the location.
- Before running the QuickBooks ODBC driver installer, exit MS Office. This is because driver’s installation can be interrupted while MS Office is running in the background.
- From within the Windows, click on the Install program.
- Now, select the destination directory where you want to install the QODBC installation files.
- Click on the OK button to continue.
- This will install the QuickBooks ODBC Driver.
Steps to properly Configure QuickBooks ODBC Driver
- In QuickBooks, click on the File then select Utilities.
- From Utilities, click on Set Up ODBC.
- Go to the General tab.
- Select Use the Company file.
- In the Data Source Name, enter QuickBooks Data.
- Click on the Test Connection to QuickBooks option.
Note: You must be signed in to your company file as “Admin” to successfully run the test connection with encountering any error.
- When the message of Test Connection to QuickBooks Successful pops up on the screen, click OK and then Apply.
- Go to the Messages tab.
- Clear the Detail Tracing (Slow) checkbox (if enabled).
- Select the Display Optimizer Status Panel check boxes (if disabled).
- (Optional) To view details of what QODBC is working on, select the Display Driver Status Panel.
Note: When selected, QODBC detailed information will appear on a window just above the system tray. This will display information such as the number of records processed and the activity running at present in QODBC. It will also provide an assessment of speed using optimized and non-optimized data, which will serve as an indicator if troubleshooting steps for the software’s performance needs to be done.
- Click on Apply.
- Go to the Optimizer tab.
- Select the Use Optimizer box (if disabled).
- The location of the Default Optimizer file is (%AppData%\QODBC Driver for QuickBooks\Optimizer). Moreover, this is the recommended path to use.
- Select the start of every query (if not selected), then click Apply.
Note: Initial optimization time differs as per the file size. It usually takes up to 24 hours. The more transactions are made, longer the optimization process will take. Once completed, data connections with QuickBooks will run faster. If the process is lagging, talk to the Support at (844)-888-4666.
- Click OK to make an exit from the ODBC Driver setup.
How to Set Up QuickBooks to Be ODBC Accessible
- Open QuickBooks application from the desktop icon or by opening it from Start menu.
- Click on Utilities from the File tab.
- Select the Configure ODBC option available in the drop-down list. When the new Window opens, click on the General tab.
- Click on the option of Use the Company File.
- Then type in QuickBooks ODBC Data Connection or something similar to it in the test space of the Data Source Name field.
- Enable the Test Connection to QuickBooks option, and then click Apply and OK.
- Click on the Messages tab.
- After this, to remove the check mark and disable the Detail Tracing (Slow) option, click the checkbox next to the field .
- Click to enable the Display Optimizer Status Panel and Display Driver Status Panel options.
- Select the option to Apply, and then hit on the Optimizer tab. Click the Use Optimizer box and verify that the path for the optimizer consists of the QODBC folder.
- Choose The Last Time I Pressed One of the Load Data Buttons option, Hit Apply.
- Click OK, and wait a few seconds so that QuickBooks can install and configure the ODBC driver to be used effectively with the Microsoft Office applications.
Quickbooks ODBC Driver
The QuickBooks ODBC Driver enables you to work with QuickBooks Desktop data outside of the QuickBooks interface. The driver allows you to use QuickBooks data in any application that supports ODBC. For example, Microsoft Access, Excel, SQL Server, Oracle®, PHP and Perl. You can query QuickBooks as well as adding and updating QuickBooks records.
Installing the QuickBooks ODBC Driver
- Download the QuickBooks ODBC driver for your Windows platform. (Registration required.)
- Install and license the QuickBooks ODBC driver on the machine where your client application is installed.For example, if you want to analyse QuickBooks data in Excel, install the QuickBooks ODBC driver on the machine where Excel is installed.To do this, execute the file distribution that you downloaded in the previous step, and follow the on screen instructions.The install program starts the Easysoft License Manager, because you cannot use the QuickBooks ODBC Driver until a license is obtained.The following types of license are available:
- Free time-limited trial license which gives you free and unrestricted use of the product for a limited period (usually 14 days).
- Full license if you have purchased the product. On purchasing the product you are given an authorization code, which you use to obtain a license
- In Easysoft License Manager, enter your details.You MUST enter the Name, E-Mail Address and Company fields.The E-Mail Address MUST be the same as the address used to register and download from the Easysoft web site or you will be unable to obtain trial licenses.
- Choose Request License.You are asked for a license type.
- Do one of the following:
- For a trial license click Time Limited Trial and then click Next.The License Manager asks what software you are licensing. Select Easysoft QuickBooks ODBC Driver from the drop-down list and then click Next.
- If you have obtained an authorization code for a purchased license, select Non-expiring License and then click Next.The License Manager requests your authorization code.Enter the authorization code and then click Next.
- The License Manager displays a summary of the information you entered and allows you to choose the method of applying for your license.
- Do one of the following:
- Choose On-line Request if your machine is connected to the internet and can make outgoing connections to port 8884.The License Manager then sends a request to the Easysoft license server to activate your license key automatically. This is the quickest method and results in your details being entered immediately into our support database.
- The remaining three options (Email Request, Print Request and View Request) are all ways to obtain a license if your machine is off-line (i.e. does not have a connection to the internet).Each of these methods involves providing Easysoft with information including your machine number (a number unique to your machine) and then waiting to receive your license key.Instead of emailing your details to Easysoft, you can enter them directly at the Easysoft web site and your license key will be emailed to you automatically.To use this method, click View Request, and then visit:
- Choose Finish to exit the License Manager.The installation is complete.
Configuring an ODBC Data Source
Before you can use the QuickBooks ODBC Driver to connect your application to QuickBooks, you need to configure an ODBC data source. An ODBC data source stores the connection details for the target database (e.g. QuickBooks) and the ODBC driver that is required to connect to it (e.g. the QuickBooks ODBC driver).
You configure ODBC data sources in ODBC Administrator, which is included with Windows. To run ODBC Administrator, in the Windows Run dialog box, type:
Use ODBC Administrator to create a QuickBooks ODBC Driver data source:
- Choose the System DSN tab, and then choose Add.
- In the Create New Data Source dialog box, choose Easysoft ODBC-QuickBooks Desktop Driver, and then choose Finish.
- Complete these fields Easysoft ODBC-QuickBooks Desktop Driver DSN Setup dialog box:SettingValueDSNQuickBooks DesktopConnection ModeSame As QuickBooksApplication NameEasysoftQuickBooksODBC.Application IDEasysoftQuickBooksODBC.QB EditionSet this to be the same as QuickBooks Desktop. For example, if you have the US version of QuickBooks, set
Allow the QuickBooks ODBC Driver To Access QuickBooks
- Start QuickBooks Desktop if it is not already running.
- In your application, connect to your newly QuickBooks data source.
- When you first connect, QuickBooks prompts you to whether to allow the QuickBooks ODBC driver to access your QuickBooks data. In the QuickBooks – Application with No Certificate dialog box, choose “Yes, always allow access even if QuickBooks is not running”. Choose “Allow this application to access personal data such as Social Security Numbers and customer credit card information”. Choose Continue.The Confirm to Proceed dialog box is displayed.
- Choose Yes.The Access Confirmation dialog box is displayed.
- In your application, try a sample query. For example:select top 10 * from vendor
Connecting Your Application to QuickBooks
QuickBooks Desktop is a 32-bit application, which can only be used with 32-bit libraries. The QuickBooks Desktop ODBC Driver is a library and is therefore 32-bit as well. If you want to use the QuickBooks Desktop ODBC Driver to connect a 64-bit application to QuickBooks, you also need to install the Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge and enable the Application is a Service attribute in your ODBC data source. The SQL Server how to provides an example of this process. The other examples in this section are for 32-bit versions of the application. If you have the 64-bit version of, say, Excel or Oracle®, refer to the SQL Server example for the other steps you need to do.
Microsoft Access uses an ODBC driver to interact with an external data source. ODBC is a data access technology, the Microsoft implementation of which is included with Windows. You can use the QuickBooks ODBC Driver to connect Microsoft Access to a QuickBooks Database, enabling you to retrieve and update QuickBooks data from a Microsoft Access front end.
- Open your Microsoft Access database.
- Do one of the following:
- For Microsoft Access 2003 and earlier, on the File Menu, choose Get External Data > Link Tables.The Link dialog box is displayed.
- For Microsoft Access 2007, on the External Data tab, choose More > ODBC Database.The Get External Data wizard starts.
- For Microsoft Access 2010 and later, on the External Data tab, choose ODBC Database.The Get External Data wizard starts.
- Do one of the following:
- For Microsoft Access 2003 and earlier, choose ODBC Databases from the Files of type list.
- For Microsoft Access 2007 and later, choose Link to the data source by creating a linked table, and then choose OK.
- Choose your ODBC data source from the Machine Data Source list, and then choose OK.The Link Tables dialog box is displayed.
- Choose the table that you want to link and then choose OK.
- Choose the linked table in Microsoft Access, and then choose RETURN to work with the linked data.
Connecting Excel to QuickBooks
Follow these steps to return data from QuickBooks to Microsoft Excel by using Microsoft Query:
- Do one of the following:
- For Excel 2007 and later, on the Data tab, choose Get External Data. In the From Other Sources group, choose From Microsoft Query.
- For Excel 2003 and earlier, on the Data menu, choose Import External Data, and then choose New Database Query.
- In the Choose Data Source dialog box, choose your QuickBooks ODBC driver data source from the list, and then choose OK.
- In the Query Wizard, choose the columns that contain the data you want to retrieve, and then click Next.
- If you want to return a subset of the data, use the Filter Data screen to filter the results of your query (this is the equivalent of a SQL
WHEREclause), and then click Next.
- If you want to change the sort order of your data, use the Sort Order screen to sort the results of your query (this is the equivalent of a SQL
ORDER BYclause), and then click Next.
- On the File menu choose, Return data to Excel.
- Choose a location for the data on your worksheet when prompted.
Connecting Oracle® to QuickBooks
The following instructions show you how to connect Oracle® on Windows to QuickBooks. For further information about DG4ODBC, refer to our DG4ODBC for Windows tutorial.
- In your QuickBooks ODBC Driver data source, enable Application is a Service.
- Create a DG4ODBC init file. To do this, change to the
%ORACLE_HOME%\hs\admindirectory. Create a copy of the file
initdg4odbc.ora. Name the new file
initquickbooks.ora.Note In these instructions, replace %ORACLE_HOME% with the location of your Oracle® HOME directory. For example,
- Ensure these parameters and values are present in your init file:HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO = my_quickbooks_odbc_dsn Replace my_quickbooks_odbc_dsn with the name of a QuickBooks ODBC driver data source that connects to the target QuickBooks server. For exampleHS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO = “32-bit QuickBooks System”
- Comment out the line that enables DG4ODBC tracing. For example:#HS_FDS_TRACE_LEVEL = <trace_level>
- Add an entry to
%ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin\listener.orathat creates a SID_NAME for DG4ODBC. For example:SID_LIST_LISTENER = (SID_LIST = (SID_DESC= (SID_NAME=quickbooks) (ORACLE_HOME=%ORACLE_HOME%) (PROGRAM=dg4odbc) ) )
- Add a DG4ODBC entry to
%ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin\tnsnames.orathat specifies the SID_NAME created in the previous step. For example:QUICKBOOKS = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = oracle_host)(PORT = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = quickbooks) ) (HS = OK) ) Replace oracle_host with the host name of your Oracle® machine.
- Start (or restart) the Oracle® Listener:cd %ORACLE_HOME%\bin lsnrctl stop lsnrctl start
- Connect to your Oracle® database in SQL*Plus.
- In SQL*Plus, create a database link for the target QuickBooks server. For example:CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK quickbookslink CONNECT TO “dummyuser” IDENTIFIED BY “password” USING ‘quickbooks’;
- Try querying your QuickBooks data. For example:SELECT * FROM “PurchaseOrder”@QUICKBOOKSLINK;
- If you have problems connecting to QuickBooks from Oracle®, enable DG4ODBC tracing and check the trace files written to the
%ORACLE_HOME%\hs\tracedirectory. To enable DG4ODBC tracing, add the line
HS_FDS_TRACE_LEVEL = DEBUGto
initquickbooks.oraand then start / restart the Oracle® listener. If the
tracedirectory does not exist, create it.
- If you enable ODBC Driver Manager tracing, but do not get a trace file or get an empty trace file, change the trace file location to the Windows TEMP directory. For example,
Connecting SQL Server to QuickBooks
- Install the on the machine where you installed the QuickBooks ODBC Driver.Install both the Client and Server. For information on installing, licensing and testing the , refer to the documentation.
- Open the 64-bit ODBC Administrator, which is either the only version of this application that’s accessible via Control Panel > Administrative Tools or if there are two, it will contain 64-bit in its name.
- Choose the System DSN tab, and then choose Add.The ODBC-ODBC Bridge DSN dialog box is displayed
- In the Name box, enter “OOBQuickBooks”. Choose the Server tab.
- In the Servers box, enter “localhost:8888”.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type your Windows user name and password for this machine. Choose the Target DSN tab.
- In the TargetDSN box, enter the name of your QuickBooks ODBC Driver data source.
- In your QuickBooks ODBC Driver data source, enable Application is a Service.
These steps show you how to use a linked server to work with QuickBooks data, just as if you were working with data stored in a SQL Server table:
- In Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, connect to the SQL Server instance you want to create the linked server against.You need to log on with an account that is a member of the SQL Server sysadmin fixed server role to create a linked server.
- Right-click Server Objects. From the pop-up menu choose New > Linked Server.
- In the Linked server box, type “QUICKBOOKS”.
- From the Provider list, choose Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers.
- In the Data source box, type the name of your data source, and then choose OK. (If you have not yet configured an data source, refer to these instructions. You need to use the for this reason.)
- Choose the Security page.
- Choose Be made using this security context.
- Type your QuickBooks user name and password in the spaces provided. Choose OK.SQL Server verifies the linked server by testing the connection.
- If you get the error “Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found”, choose Yes when prompted whether to keep the linked server. You need to restart your SQL Server instance before you can use the linked server. If SQL Server was already running when you installed the Easysoft ODBC drivers, it will not have the latest version of the System PATH environment variable. The Easysoft ODBC driver Setup program adds entries for the driver to the System PATH. Restarting the instance makes these changes available to SQL Server, allowing it to load the QuickBooks ODBC driver.
- If you made a mistake when specifying the data source, you get the error “Data source name not found and no default driver specified. If you get this error, choose No when prompted whether to keep the linked server and edit the value in the Data source box.
- You can query your QuickBooks data either by using a:
- Four part table name in a distributed query.A four part table name has the format:server_name.[database_name].[schema_name].table_name.For QuickBooks you need to omit the database name and schema. For example:SELECT * from QUICKBOOKS…vendor
- Pass-through query in an OPENQUERY function. For example:SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(QUICKBOOKS, ‘SELECT * FROM vendor’) SQL Server sends pass-through queries as uninterpreted query strings to the QuickBooks ODBC driver. This means that SQL Server does not apply any kind of logic to the query or try to estimate what that query will do.
How To Setup Quickbooks Enterprise ODBC Driver
Are you thinking about How To Setup Quickbooks Enterprise ODBC Driver? Then you have come to the right place. QuickBooks application can work with the Open Database Connectivity Driver perfectly. ODBC Driver lets you export data from a company file to other files such as Microsoft Excel and Access, File Maker and many others to create a customized file.
How To Setup Quickbooks Enterprise ODBC Driver: Let’s Know More About The Process
You can easily export your Quickbooks data to a Microsoft file application with the ODBC Driver. It can simplify your financial and accounting operations and helps you create custom reports for your financial transactions. Uninstall all the previous versions of QB from your computer and update the current version to the latest.
- Download the ODBC driver from its official website.
- Save the driver file as QODBC.exe and locate it to a place where you can find it easily.
- Double click on the file to open the installer.
- Browser the location where you want to install the program from the installation window.
- Click Next and your ODBC Driver will be installed.
Setup QuickBooks ODBC Driver
- Open the downloaded file.
- In QuickBooks, click on File and then Utilities.
- Click on Configure ODBC.
Open The General Tab
- Choose the company file that is currently open in the QB application.
- Enter the QB Data in the Data Source Name.
- Click on Test Connection to QuickBooks and make sure that you are already signed in to company files as Admin.
- When the Test Connection to QuickBooks Successful window appears then click on OK then click Apply.
Open The Messages Tab
- Clear the Detail Tracing (Slow) checkbox from the messages tab.
- Click on the Display Optimizer Status Panel checkbox.
- You will be able to see the current activity and the number of records processed by doing this. It will also let you know if the application needs troubleshooting.
- Once you are done, click Apply.
Open The Optimizer Tab
- Click on the Use Optimizer Checkbox
- For Default Optimizer use the file path (%AppData%\ODBC Driver for QuickBooks\Optimizer). This path is strongly recommended to use.
- Click on the Start Of Every Query and then click Apply. Initial Optimization depends on the file size. It can also take 24 hours to complete. However, once the optimization is done, it will run a faster data connection with QuickBooks.
- Click OK to exit the Configure ODBC Driver window.
This is How To Setup Quickbooks Enterprise ODBC Driver. It’s a very straightforward process and everyone can do it just by following the simple steps mentioned above. However, if you need any help then contact QuickBooks technical support. Go to the website of Contact Info Directory, get the contact number of QuickBooks and clear your doubts. Contact Info Directory is a modern online directory that can help you to get numbers of all the leading companies in the world.