Quicken error code 1618 is very common in one of your Quicken files. When Windows system files or program files become infected due to viruses or any Internet threat, it gives rise to a 1618 error in Quicken. As the increasing demand for technology in people’s daily lives, especially with online transactions, is increasing. Today we all need this technology that can provide a great experience. Quicken has become one such software to help people in all matters related to finance. This makes it easy to keep track of your budget, makes it easy, and provides hassle-free service.
If you are facing a problem, do not worry because in this article you will get full information about error 1618.
Cause of Quicken Error code 1618
To resolve the error, you must know the reasons for it before knowing the solution. Therefore, read the reasons that caused this error in Quicken.
- When program files related to the Windows system or Quicken get corrupted.
- This error can affect Quicken due to a virus or malware attack.
- Whether the quicken installation or update was incomplete.
- When Quicken was already downloaded from the corrupted reseller site.
- Perhaps some recent changes related to Quicken Software have corrupted the Windows registry.
- If the quicken linked file is accidentally or maliciously deleted.
Now that you are familiar with the causes of error 1818, if you get the error, you can check the possible conditions mentioned above. If you find the reason that caused the system error, try to solve it accordingly. After knowing the reasons, you can continue to know the solution now.
How to fix Quicken Error code 1618
By using the methods below in your Ashen software, you can easily get rid of this terrible error. Therefore, we recommend you to follow the troubleshooting methods below:
Method 1: Close incompatible programs
Whenever you encounter a runtime error, always remember that it is caused by conflicts between programs. Therefore, to solve such error, the first thing to do is to stop these programs.
- Simultaneously press Ctrl + Alt + Del to open Task Manager.
- This will show you the list of running tasks.
- Then go to the Processes tab and highlight the programs one by one.
- Click the End Program button.
- Now check whether the error occurs every time you stop a process.
Once you know which program is causing the error, you can proceed to the next method.
Method 2: Update or reinstall conflicting programs
Using the control panel method:
- For Windows 7: Click Start >> Control Panel, then choose Uninstaller.
- For Windows 8: Click Start >> Control Panel, then choose Uninstaller.
- And for Windows 10: Type the control panel in the search box, click on the result, and choose to uninstall the program.
- In the Programs and Features window, click the problematic program and click Update or Uninstall.
- If you choose the update option, you must follow the onscreen instructions to complete the task. Or if you choose to uninstall, then you need to uninstall first and then download the app again.
Using other methods:
- For Windows 7 you will find a list of all installed programs, click on Start, and scroll your mouse over the list. You can see this list of utilities to uninstall programs. Now proceed using the available utilities and uninstall.
- For Windows 10, click Start, then choose Settings >> Applications.
- Scroll down to see the list of applications and features installed on your computer.
- Select the program causing the problem, and then you can choose to uninstall it.
- Or you can click on Advanced Options to reset the app.
Method 3: Update Your Virus Protection Program
Some time due to virus protection software, Essen stops working because it creates a barrier between the two. Therefore, updating or installing the latest version of Windows can help resolve the error.
A runtime error causing virus infection on your computer should be immediately blocked, quarantined, or removed. Be sure to update your anti-virus software and run it well to scan all files and software. So that the damage from the virus can be fixed.
Method 4: Restore the runtime library
Perhaps your Quicken is receiving an error due to an update, such as an MS Visual C ++ package that cannot be installed correctly. In such a case, you need to uninstall it first and then install the new copy properly. Follow the steps given below to complete the task:
- Go to Programs and Features, find and highlight Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Uninstall at the top of the list, and when it is complete, you need to restart the computer.
After the reboot process is complete, check if your Quicken error code 1618 is free. If still, the error persists, you can try to get the expert’s help. Quicken techniques are familiar with the error and the steps to be taken to correct it.
How to fix the Runtime Error 1618 Quicken Error Code 1618
This article features error number Code 1618, commonly known as Quicken Error Code 1618 described as Error 1618: Quicken has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Error name: Quicken Error Code 1618
Error number: Error 1618
Description: Error 1618: Quicken has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Try this first: Click here to fix Quicken errors and optimize system performance
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance.DOWNLOAD NOW
About Runtime Error 1618
Runtime Error 1618 happens when Quicken fails or crashes whilst it’s running, hence its name. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the code was corrupt in some way, but just that it did not work during its run-time. This kind of error will appear as an annoying notification on your screen unless handled and corrected. Here are symptoms, causes and ways to troubleshoot the problem.
Here we list some definitions for the words contained in your error, in an attempt to help you understand your problem. This is a work in progress, so sometimes we might define the word incorrectly, so feel free to skip this section!
- Error code – An error code is a value returned to provide context on why an error occurred
Symptoms of Code 1618 – Quicken Error Code 1618
Runtime errors happen without warning. The error message can come up the screen anytime Quicken is run. In fact, the error message or some other dialogue box can come up again and again if not addressed early on.
There may be instances of files deletion or new files appearing. Though this symptom is largely due to virus infection, it can be attributed as a symptom for runtime error, as virus infection is one of the causes for runtime error. User may also experience a sudden drop in internet connection speed, yet again, this is not always the case.
(For illustrative purposes only)
Causes of Quicken Error Code 1618 – Error 1618
During software design, programmers code anticipating the occurrence of errors. However, there are no perfect designs, as errors can be expected even with the best program design. Glitches can happen during runtime if a certain error is not experienced and addressed during design and testing.
Runtime errors are generally caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It may also occur because of memory problem, a bad graphics driver or virus infection. Whatever the case may be, the problem must be resolved immediately to avoid further problems. Here are ways to remedy the error.
Runtime errors may be annoying and persistent, but it is not totally hopeless, repairs are available. Here are ways to do it.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it’s writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page – you complete these steps at your own risk.Method 1 – Close Conflicting Programsup vote2down voteacceptedWhen you get a runtime error, keep in mind that it is happening due to programs that are conflicting with each other. The first thing you can do to resolve the problem is to stop these conflicting programs.
- Open Task Manager by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time. This will let you see the list of programs currently running.
- Go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and clicking the End Process buttom.
- You will need to observe if the error message will reoccur each time you stop a process.
- Once you get to identify which program is causing the error, you may go ahead with the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the application.
- Reset your browser.
- For Windows 7, you may click Start, go to Control Panel, then click Internet Options on the left side. Then you can click Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- For Windows 8 and 10, you may click search and type Internet Options, then go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Disable script debugging and error notifications.
- On the same Internet Options window, you may go to Advanced tab and look for Disable script debugging
- Put a check mark on the radio button
- At the same time, uncheck the “Display a Notification about every Script Error” item and then click Apply and OK, then reboot your computer.
If these quick fixes do not work, you can always backup files and run repair reinstall on your computer. However, you can do that later when the solutions listed here did not do the job.Method 5 – Run Disk Cleanupup vote0down voteYou might also be experiencing runtime error because of a very low free space on your computer.
- You should consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive
- You can also clear your cache and reboot your computer
- You can also run Disk Cleanup, open your explorer window and right click your main directory (this is usually C: )
- Click Properties and then click Disk Cleanup
Method 2 – Update / Reinstall Conflicting Programsup vote0down voteUsing Control Panel
- For Windows 7, click the Start Button, then click Control panel, then Uninstall a program
- For Windows 8, click the Start Button, then scroll down and click More Settings, then click Control panel > Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, just type Control Panel on the search box and click the result, then click Uninstall a program
- Once inside Programs and Features, click the problem program and click Update or Uninstall.
- If you chose to update, then you will just need to follow the prompt to complete the process, however if you chose to Uninstall, you will follow the prompt to uninstall and then re-download or use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the program.
Using Other Methods
- For Windows 7, you may find the list of all installed programs when you click Start and scroll your mouse over the list that appear on the tab. You may see on that list utility for uninstalling the program. You may go ahead and uninstall using utilities available in this tab.
- For Windows 10, you may click Start, then Settings, then choose Apps.
- Scroll down to see the list of Apps and features installed in your computer.
- Click the Program which is causing the runtime error, then you may choose to uninstall or click Advanced options to reset the application.
Method 3 – Update your Virus protection program or download and install the latest Windows Updateup vote0down voteVirus infection causing runtime error on your computer must immediately be prevented, quarantined or deleted. Make sure you update your virus program and run a thorough scan of the computer or, run Windows update so you can get the latest virus definition and fix.Method 4 – Re-install Runtime Librariesup vote0down voteYou might be getting the error because of an update, like the MS Visual C++ package which might not be installed properly or completely. What you can do then is to uninstall the current package and install a fresh copy.
- Uninstall the package by going to Programs and Features, find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Uninstall on top of the list, and when it is done, reboot your computer.
- Download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft then install it.
- Open your Device Manager, locate the graphics driver
- Right click the video card driver then click uninstall, then restart your computer
Using QcleanUI to resolve issues installing or uninstalling Quicken for Windows
The following steps are only to be used when contacting Quicken Support.
If you’re unable to install or uninstall Quicken for Windows, or if you experience issues using Quicken after a patch release, it’s possible that Quicken isn’t installed correctly on your computer. Using the QCleanUI utility will make sure that you can reinstall Quicken correctly on your system.
Before you begin
QCleanUI should not be used to attempt to fix data issues, bank download issues, or password problems (Quicken ID Password, Vault Password etc.). It will also not resolve online banking issues (such as not being able to download transactions).
Also, the QcleanUI process can be complex and if you require assistance, you can contact Quicken Support.
Subscription Release of Quicken
If the steps above do not resolve the issue
You will need to manually complete the QClean process by following the steps below.
First: Download and use QCleanUI
Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders
Last updated: 01/27/2021Article ID: GEN82227Was this article helpful?Yes! I got itNot reallyYes! I got itNot reallyHelp us improve our support centerhttps://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/anchor?ar=1&k=6LdZSk8UAAAAAL7Izo_V9zp8bSEMVOfQ21jnOsSn&co=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucXVpY2tlbi5jb206NDQz&hl=en&v=pRiAUlKgZOMcFLsfzZTeGtOA&size=invisible&cb=rz5tswx6i6px
- How do I uninstall Quicken for Windows?
- How do I Install or Uninstall Quicken for Mac?
- How Do I Install or Reinstall Quicken for Windows From a CD?
Quicken Install Error 1618
The error Quicken Error 1618 may be caused by damage to Windows system files. Corrupted system file entries can pose a real threat to the well-being of your computer. Several events may have resulted in errors in the system files. Incomplete installation, incomplete uninstallation, incorrect removal of applications or hardware. This can also be caused by recovering your computer after a virus attack, adware / spyware or an improper shutdown of the computer. All of the above assets may result in the removal or corruption of entries in Windows system files. This corrupted system file will result in missing and incorrectly linked information and the files necessary for the proper functioning of the application. This article aims to provide you with instructions on how to fix the Quicken 1618 error.
In order to resolve this error, we must first examine the reasons that caused the Quicken 1618 error. These reasons could be:
- If the Windows system files or the Quicken-related program files are infected with a malicious program.
- If the Quicken software installation was incomplete or If Quicken was downloaded from a damaged retailer site.
- If a recent software change, related to Quicken, has corrupted the Windows registry.
- If the files related to Quicken have been maliciously or erroneously deleted by another program.
- You will need to check if Windows updates have been installed or not.
- Check if the Internet is working properly or not.
- Check whether the hard disk of your PC has free space or not.
- You must also check the use of your RAM. Make sure there is enough memory to run the application.
- Make sure to uninstall any security software if it was previously installed.
- You must make sure that the security software is updated.
- Uninstall third-party applications if they were recently installed. And your work is done!