QuickBooks error C=88 (Unable to read one or more data trees in the file)
Occasionally, you might come across a malefic error message or an unexpected error message similar to these:
## R# (M=1153, L=133, C=88, V=28 (FFFFFFF4))
“C-errors” errors, classic structure errors, logical errors, and data errors, appear in the QBWin.log in the above format. Due to the major improvements made in QuickBooks, and the enhanced quality of Alpha/Beta testing linked with most releases, “C-errors” are far rarer in the newer versions of the software, than the older versions. QuickBooks Error Code C=88 mostly occurs while, either you are working on QuickBooks Software or authenticating data within the company file and there happens to be some kind of data problem. Under a few circumstances, the QuickBooks Error C=88 error occurs repeatedly in the exact same program location or function and is capable of repetition.
Intuit developed QuickBooks is the leading accounting software that is being used by vast business owners around the globe. The features that QuickBooks offers for both small and medium-sized businesses give the business owners a way of keeping track of the accounts, as well as a vision for the growth and expansion of their business. QuickBooks gives its customers the privilege to contact its Customer Service Team, as they are known as our ProAdvisors, anywhere, anytime in case of an issue.Are you stuck with QuickBooks error c 88 or c series error code, Call QuickBooks support phone number +1-888-300-3913 for QuickBooks data recovery and technical support.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code C=88
To be fair, there can be numerous reasons why this error occurs, but in major cases, it occurs because:
- Corrupted or damaged data file
- Low computer or network resources
QuickBooks Error C=88 – Why is it happening? Corrupted or damaged data file
In some scenarios, QuickBooks is unable to figure out what is to be done with a corrupted or damaged transaction. The C=88 error will occur in a similar location and function, and it can also be reproduced. Common causes of corrupted/damaged data are:
- Power deluge or power withdraw
- Unexpected shutdown or computer system crash
- Network issues
- Low resources on the workstations or network
QuickBooks was unable to contact the data file. Computer and network resources that might cause this issue include:
- Processor clock speed and memory (RAM) on individual workstations and the server
- Network interface cards (NICs)
- Network cables
- The network connection hardware (hub, switch, or router)
Extensive usage of several workstations can cause a temporary shortage of resources. If it is not possible to replicate the error, then probably low resources are the cause.Please note, that persistent low system resources are a possible cause of data damage. If you are experiencing low resources, please upgrade your system or network to prevent further data damage in the future.
How to repair QuickBooks Error C=88:
The appropriate course of action for C=88 error messages depends on the cause of the error:
- On the system where the data file is stored, exit and restart QuickBooks software.
- Run and rebuild the data utility
- When the Rebuild Data utility is complete, run the verify data utility to make sure that there is no problem with the data.
- If the error recurs:
- Restore a recent company backup file; also do not overwrite the current file.
- Do a test to see if the error occurs in the already stored data, by performing the same steps in the restored file as you were about to with your current data file when the error first occurred.
- If the error does not take place, then begin re-entering the data since the back-up was first made.
- If the error occurs, then try and restore another back-up or you can also contact our ProAdvisors to see if your file can be sent for data recovery.
It is possible that you can resolve the error immediately by restarting your workstations and your server, but to be honest, this would be a temporary solution. The following suggestions might help prevent possible future data damage due to low resources on your system or the network:
- Increase the RAM (memory) on your workstations and on your server. The amount of memory you need is parallel with the version of QuickBooks you are using and is running on your system.
- Increase the processor clock speed on your workstation/computer system.
- Make sure that all of your Network Interfaces are set to Auto Detect or Auto Select. (an IT person can help you with this)
- If you have a hub, replace it with a switch that has a 1 gigabit port for the server and 100 megabit ports for the workstations.
Contact QuickBooks Experts to fix QuickBooks Error C88
These solutions are ought to solve the error, to avoid the errors in the first place you can upgrade your computer system, and replace it with a compatible RAM to run QuickBooks software. Upgrading your workstation, keeping it accordingly will help you in getting rid of so many other issues and errors as well. If that doesn’t help, our ProAdvisors are 24*7 available through phone calls, emails, and you can also directly contact them on +1-888-300-3913.
Quickbooks Data Recovery for c=88 Quickbooks error code
Welcome to “Quickbooks Data Recovery” (Q.D.R.) Our goal is to help users of Quickbooks accounting software recover or repair valuable data files. If you are recieving a C=88 Fatal or unexpected error when using QuickBooks or “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close” then chances are very good we can help you…
*** Contact us now to get started. ***
We are available 24 hours a day 365 days a year to provide assistance for all your Quickbooks data recovery needs.C=88 Quickbooks error can be caused by several things like loss of network connection during use, problems with the hard drive where the Quickbooks data is stored or damage to the .QBW data file. The good news is we are able to repair your data in over 90% of the cases involving a C=88 error. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you are experiencing this common Quickbooks error and remember…
- We offer a strict non-disclosure policy.
- Free evaluation of damaged .QBW and .QBB files.
- Fast professional recovery service.
- We offer 24 hours a day year round services.
- Firm upfront pricing backed by a No-Data, No-Charge policy.
- 48 hour standard turn around time.
- Emergency services are available upon request.
When you contact Q.D.R. you will be greeted by a friendly service technician. They will anwser any questions you may have and gather some information from you concerning the current state of your quickbooks file. Then they will explain what you will need to do to get started having your Quickbooks data file repaired. This same technician will work with you during all phases of the recovery and will keep you updated on the status of your file repair.
We would like to take a moment and thank you for your interest in our Quickbooks recovery service. It is our goal to provide you with fast, reliable service at an affordable price. It makes no difference if you are a large corporation or an end user. Your job is important to us no matter how large or small. Please feel free to contact us anytime.
C=88 Fatal or unexpected error when using QuickBooks /Quickbooks Damaged/Corrupted File Repair and Data Recovery:
|We offer the following services to users of QuickBooks:|
|C=88 Fatal or unexpected error when using QuickBooksData Recovery including damaged media (backups made on bad floppy disks)Repair C=nn ErrorsDamaged or Corrupt QBW filesProblems with Quickbooks Verify, Rebuild, Upgrading errors”File may be damaged” or “This is a corrupted or damaged Quickbooks database” ErrorsASSERTION FAILED ErrorsQuickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Pro Conversion (100% clean)Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Premier Conversion (100% clean)Conversion of Accountant’s copy to a Regular Quickbooks Data file|
|We repair your data file in the same version of Quickbooks. You do not have to upgrade your version of Quickbooks to use the repaired data file.|
|If you’re having problems with your QuickBooks data, we can fix it. Guaranteed!|
Quickbooks Damaged/Corrupted File Repair and Data Recovery — Error code: C=88
We offer the following services to users of QuickBooks:
- Data Recovery including damaged media (backups made on bad floppy disks)
- Repair C=nn Errors
- Problems with Quickbooks Verify, Rebuild, Upgrading errors
- “File may be damaged” or “This is a corrupted or damaged Quickbooks database” Errors
- ASSERTION FAILED Errors
- Error code: C=88
- Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Pro Conversion (100% clean)
- Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Premier Conversion (100% clean)
- Conversion of Accountant’s copy to a Regular Quickbooks Data file
We repair your data file in the same version of Quickbooks. You do not have to upgrade your version of Quickbooks to use the repaired data file.
If you’re having problems with your QuickBooks data, we can fix it. Guaranteed!
Quickbooks Error code: C=88
Why are you getting the Error — ‘Error code: C=88’?
Problem reading the data trees in the file.Error writing to the QB file on the QB file level.
Analysis of Error code: C=88:
Low computer memory or resources. This issue can be resolved by restarting either your computer or your server. If you are not on a network, or if your company data file is located and used only on your local computer, close all open programs and restart your computer. If your company data file is located on a network drive, restart your server.
Quickbooks Data Recovery — Error code: C=88
The following files are required to recover your Quickbooks data file.
- The corrupted Quickbooks Data file (.QBW)
- The Transaction Log file (.TLG — in the same folder as the corrupted QBW file)
- Any older backup of the Quickbooks Data file (.QBW or .QBB or .QBM)
Quickbooks Data Recovery — Why use our services?
- Security: Your data is secure with us. All data to and from us is via secured FTP servers.
- Value: All work is done in-house by qualified engineers; hence we have the lowest prices on the web for similar services.
- Speed: Same day service available (Files recovered/converted within 12 hours!).
- Accuracy: Our success rate for Quickbooks Conversions is 100%. That is why we offer a 100% money-back guarantee if we cannot convert your data file.
- Experience: We have recovered/converted thousands of files over the years without any unhappy customers.
Order our data recovery service with confidence — your satisfaction is guaranteed!
Quickbooks File Repair — Error code: C=88
If you’re having problems with your QuickBooks data file, we can fix it. Guaranteed!
Quickbooks Errors and Issues: Error code: C=88
Error: Problem reading the data trees in the file.Error writing to the QB file on the QB file level.
Error writing to the QB file on the QB file level.Problem reading the data trees in the file
Description: This problem can be resolved by restarting either your computer or your server. If your company data file is located and used only on your local computer or If you are not on a network, close all open programs and restart your computer If your company data file is located on a network drive, restart your server.
To fix the error code “Error code: C=88” or similar error codes, click the ‘Order Now’ button below for Quickbooks Data Recovery.
QuickBooks “C=” Errors like C=88
It seems that in recent weeks I have seen a rash of C= errors in QuickBooks data files that I have been sent for file analytics & datametrics, or repair services. We use to see a lot more C= errors years ago, but in recent years they have not been as common as in times past until recently.
Identification and Interpretation of “C=” Errors like C=88
Occasionally you may see a Fatal Error message or an Unexpected Error message similar to this one:
## R# (M=1153, L=133, C=88, V=28 (FFFFFFF4))
“C-errors” errors, typical of syntax errors, logical errors and data errors, appear in the QBWin.log in the above format. Because of the significant improvements made in QuickBooks, and the quality of Alpha-/Beta-testing associated with most releases, ‘C-errors’ are far more rare in newer versions of the program, than in older versions.
Understanding Message components:
The M=1153 code represents the module within QuickBooks associated with the error, it is intended to provide technical support and programmer personnel with a frame of reference about the operation in progress at the time of the error.
The L=133 code represents the line number at which the error was encountered, once again intended to provide details as to the exact point in program execution at which the error resulted in shut-down.
The C=88 code (in our error message example) represents a specific error code. Fatal errors producing messages containing the value C=88 result from data damage when QuickBooks does not know what to do with a damaged transaction.
The V=28 in the error message represents a debugging value which technical support and programmer personnel may find useful in resolution of the error.
Under some circumstances C=88 errors occur repeatedly in the same program location or function, and can usually be reproduced. The common causes of data file damage are:
- Power surge or power drop out
- Abnormal shutdown or computer crash
- Network interruptions
- Low Resources on the workstations or network including: Processor clock speed and/or memory (RAM), or Network interface (cards, cables, switch, router, etc.)
Error C=88 may occur while you are working in QuickBooks or while verifying data within the company file and there is some form of data problem. In some circumstances it may be possible to repair your data using standard QuickBooks data repair methods.
- Resort your lists.
- Run the Rebuild Data Utility.
- Run the Verify Data Utility.
- Open the Qbwin.log file and check for error messages.
- Resolve error messages in the QBwin.log file, and repeat steps 1 – 5 as necessary.
If the error persists:
- Professional data services may be able to repair your file, but it is doubtful that QuickBooks internal utilities will be able to do so.
- You may wish to restore a recent company back up file but do not overwrite your current file (save it in a ‘safety directory’ along with the QBW.tlg file.)
- Test the restored back-up to see if the same errors occur while performing the same steps as you were performing in the original data file when the error occurred
- If the error does not occur, then begin reentering data from the period since the back-up was made
- If the error does occur, then restore an earlier back up and repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 as necessary.
QuickBooks Error Code C=88 (Problem Reading One or More of the Data trees in the File)
Sometimes, QuickBooks software encounters unknown malefic error messages such as:-
R# (M=1153, L=133, C=88, V=28 (FFFFFFF4)
The ‘C’ errors or data error usually appear in the QBWin.log as shown in the above format. This error code is more likely to be seen in the older version as compared to the newer version. The QuickBooks Error Code C=88 (Problem Reading One or More of the Data Trees in the File) generally occur in the following circumstances:-
- While working on the QuickBooks software.
- During using the authentic data within the company file.
- When some data issue occurs.
Under such situations, the QuickBooks Error Code C=88 appears repeatedly.
Intuit Inc. developed the QuickBooks software in the year 1983 to reduce time consumption & stress of accounting for businesses. Since then, it captured around 73% market of the United States in the sphere of accounting & bookkeeping solution.
What is the Meaning of Message Components?
M=1153: It stands for a module within the QuickBooks related with the error. This module endows technical support & programmer personnel with a frame of reference about the operation in progress at the time of the error.
L=133: The “L=133” stands for the line number on which the error encounters. This line number endows the details as to execute point in program execution. This is the point where error resulted in shut-down.
C=88: “C=88” stands for a specific error code. The fatal error messages containing “C=88” is a result of the data damage. This value usually appears when the QuickBooks doesn’t have any idea what to do with the damaged transaction.
V=28: when the error message contains “V=28”, it indicates that the technical support & programmer personnel may find useful in error resolution.
Reasons Behind of this QB Code C=88
Under a few conditions, C=88 error appear again and again in the same program location or function. It can be produced again and again.
Some of the reasons due to data file damages are given below:-
- Sudden drop out or surge in power.
- System crash or abnormal shutdown.
- Interruption caused due to the network.
- Workstation or network has less resource. This may include:-
- Processor clock speed and/or memory (RAM), or Network interface (cards, cables, switch, router, etc.)
- Error C=88 can occur when you check the data within the company file and find any data related problem. Standard QuickBooks data repair methods are enough to repair your data.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error C=88?
Below we have provided some quick tips and tricks to solve QuickBooks error code C=88. You need to follow each steps carefully to get rid of from the problem.
Situation 1: Data damage
- Resort the lists.
- Execute the “Rebuild Data Utility”.
- Run the “Verify Data Utility”.
- Check the error messages in the Qbwin.log file.
- Repeat again the step 1 – 5 again after resolving the error messages in the QBwin.log file.
Situation 2: Low system/network resources
The above-mentioned troubleshooting steps should fix error code C=88 in most cases. You can also restart your system and server and see if the issue is fixed. That however may be a temporary fix and you may face the same error again. The following steps might help you prevent data damage caused by low resources on your system or network in the future.
- Increase or add more “RAM” (memory) on your systems and server. The amount of memory your systems require is parallel with the QuickBooks version you use and is run on your system.
- Make changes to the “processor clock speed”. Increase that on your workstation.
- Set all of your Network Interfaces to “Auto Detect” or “Auto Select”. If you are not comfortable performing this step, take help for a professional.
- If you use a hub, replace it with a switch with “1 gigabit port” for the server and “100 megabit ports” for the systems.
It might be possible that you find the above-shown steps a little time taking…! If you require a professional service to solve this error – we suggest you to contact our QuickBooks Data Recovery Customer Service team.
Our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors provides a premium QuickBooks consulting service that provides instant support with the help of advanced edge-cutting tools and technology. So, get in touch with us today through our toll free number .i.e. +1-888-300-3913. We are available round the clock with 24 hour of customer service.