Often while working with QuickBooks accounting software, the user end up in facing the QuickBooks error C=1304. This error can be seen when the user tries to update QuickBooks or repair the installation of QB. This error can also be seen with the CD or the CD drive or by the damaged .NET component.
In this informative blog, we will let you know about the critical QuickBooks Error code C=1304. This QB error code appears when the QuickBooks user tries to install this application on the workstation. Thus, it is also known as Installation error. Generally, this error code pop up on the display while updating the QuickBooks to its latest released version.
Read Also: Solve QuickBooks Error Code H505
You may see the following error message in your desktop screen:
Here we are going to provide you instant troubleshooting steps to fix the QuickBooks Error Code C=1304. For manual support, you can directly get in touch with us at 24/7 QuickBooks Enterprise support. Our certified experts are available through toll-free helpline number i.e. 1(844)521-0490.
This error message commonly appears with an error message shown below.
Error Message C=1304: “Error writing to file (filename)”
What Causes QuickBooks Error C=1304?
The Error C=1304 occurs during the update or installation of QB program. Let’s start with it’s causes:
- If the QuickBooks installation CD damaged.
- Due to the corruption or damage in Microsoft .Net component.
- If the CD Drive isn’t running properly.
- Microsoft components are damaged or corrupted.
List of other error code that might appear:-
- QuickBooks Error Code C=9
- QB Error Code C=21
- QuickBooks Error Code C=342
- Error Code C=343
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=1304?
QuickBooks Error code C=1304 fundamentally related with the issues that arises due to failed QuickBooks update or installation. This might also be caused by a damaged Microsoft .Net component. You can fix it immediately is – before you start QuickBooks installation, creating a copy of the installation folder from the CD and paste it over a local storage device.
Follow the below given steps in order to manually resolve this error:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Installation CD
Talking about the resolution for the error code C=1304, the very first process is to use QuickBooks installation CD. This process can help the user in resolving the error up to much extent. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Eject the CD drive of the computer. Later, place and insert the QB installation CD.
- In case, the installer runs automatically..! Then, exit the installer.
- Click on the “Windows” or “Start” button to navigate to the “Explorer”.
- Built a new folder with the name QBInstall on the desktop.
- Copy the installation files from the CD Drive. Later, paste the files in the QBInstall folder at the desktop.
- Use the QBInstall folder to install the QuickBooks again.
- Pursue the detailed instructions given on your system and select or click on the positive options like “Yes” or “Ok”. Later, wait for the QB installation process to get completed.
- Open the QuickBooks again and if the problem persists then follow the solution 2.
See Also: How to Enter Inventory in QuickBooks?
Solution 2: Use the ‘Reimage Repair Tool’ to Scan the PC
Use the “Reimage Repair Tool” to scan, detect, and repair the QB error codes. You can avail this free tool from the Intuit’s official website. Here is the procedure to remove the critical errors out from the QuickBooks software.
- From the Intuit’s official website, download & install the latest released version of Re-image Repair Tool.
- Hit onto the ‘Setup File’ from the downloaded folder in order to start the installation process.
- Once the tool installed into the system, start the scanning process.
- After the scanning process, a report will appear with all the errors & technical issues that might hamper the system.
- To resolve these errors, hit onto the “Start Repair” button.
- Once the repair process completed, the user must restart the system.
Solution 3: Use copied folder to install QuickBooks
This solution involves installing QuickBooks via the copied folder, which is copied to the hard drive. The steps involved in this process is as follows:
- To begin, launch QuickBooks folder having the copied file.
- And then, begin with the “installation process“, and then double click the “setup.exe” file.
- Lastly, the user needs to follow the on-screen instructions and end the process.
Solution 4: Apply Manual Restoration
The user needs to apply manual restoration in case the above method fails to fix the issue. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The very first step is to restart the system and login the system as Administrator.
- On the keyboard, tap on the “Windows” or “Start” tab.
- Later, search & select “All Program” icon => “Accessories” icon => “System Tools” icon => “System Restore” icon.
- Choose the “Restore my computer to an earlier time” icon.
- Select the ‘date and time’ when you wish to restore the system. Later, hit onto the “Next” tab.
- Follow the prompted instruction on the system display and select correct responses.
- Finally, reboot or restart the system after the restoration process completed.
The above-shown 4 solutions are enough to fix the QuickBooks Error Code C=1304..! In case, the error code pertains or you need any help from the accounting professionals – we recommend you to dial our QuickBooks help number i.e. +1-888-300-3913 .
Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=1304
QuickBooks is an accounting software package that comes from Intuit. They are mainly aimed at small and medium-sized businesses. It can be used to accept payment, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions. They use Microsoft Windows Operating System. QuickBooks error code C=1304 pops up when you are installing or updating QuickBooks. The error message that crops up will be “error writing to file (filename)”. Check that you have access to the directory.
QuickBooks Error 1304 can cause due to three major reasons:
- Foremost reason can be some problem with the CD Drive itself.
- The second reason can be due to some damage to the CD.
- The third cause is that it can be due to a damaged microsoft.net component.
Analysis of QuickBooks Error C=1304
Now let us have a look at some analysis of Quickbook error code C=1304 before getting into the details how to correct it. The error can be caused due to a fault in the CD or the CD drive. Or due to a damaged .net component too. To fix error 1304 – before installing QuickBooks first copy the installation folder from the CD to the hard drive. Then try to install QuickBooks from the folder that you just copied to the hard drive.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error C=1304?
Here are some ways which you can use to tackle this situation:
Copy the installing application and the whole folder to the computer’s hard drive:
- Insert the CD into the CD drive. If the installation process is initiated automatically– click on ‘quit’.
- Right click on the windows start button and click ‘explore’.
- Before copying the contents– create a new folder in a suitable location. This may be on the desktop. Enter QuickBooks as the name of the folder. This is just to remove any sort of confusion that may prevail if any other name is used.
- On the left pane, right-click the CD and click on ‘explore’.
- On the right pane, locate QuickBooks and the setup.exe file.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key to select both the file and the folder.
- Right-click one of the highlighted folders and click on ‘copy’.
- Browse back to ‘QuickBooks’ folder that you created previously.
- Right-click that folder and click on ‘paste’.
Install QuickBooks from the folder which you copied to the hard drive:
- Open QuickBooks folder to which you have copied the file.
- Double click the setup.exe (or any other folks of the same form) file to initiate the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Scanning the Computer with Reimage Repair Tool
Reimage Repair Tool is easy to use and free to download tool. It is used to scan, detect and repair your computer for system errors like QuickBooks C=1304. Here are the steps that must be followed in order to scan your device with this tool:
- Download the Reimage Repair Tool and place it on your desktop.
- Now, navigate to the file location and double-click it. Install it by giving all the necessary permissions to it.
- The top will automatically begin a preliminary scan to check the health of your computer.
- Once the scan is done – the tool will help you know about the areas in which your PC is lacking. And if a repair is essential. If it is, click start repair button in the bottom right corner.
- Now, you just have to restart the computer and it is done.
If still getting the QuickBooks error code C=1304 after trying given steps, instantly contact at QuickBooks Error Support Number +1-888-300-3913 and connect with tech experts anytime.
QuickBooks Error Code C=1304 can be fixed?
QuickBooks offers numerous features like creating invoices, making payment, maintaining reports etc. But at times you may encounter several errors. Error code C=1304 is one of them. The error occurs with a popup which says “Error writing to file (file name)”.
What is Error code C=1304?
Error code C=1304 is a C series error. This error usually occurs when there is an issue with the CD or CD drive.
What causes error Code C=1304?
- An issue with the CD drive can cause this error.
- The error would have occurred if the CD is damaged.
- The CD driver might not be functioning properly.
- There might be a damage in the Microsoft.net component.
Well, this error can be fixed by the below-given troubleshooting:
Method 1: Using installation CD to replace Installation files.
1-First of all you have to replace the installation files from the CD to the hard drive and for this:
- You have to insert the QuickBooks CD into the CD drive and when the installation process begins, you have to click on QUIT.
- Now, you have to reach to the hard drive and then create a new folder to paste the files.
- From the left pane of the window, you need to click on Desktop.
- Rename the new folder which appears.
- Again from the left pane, make a right click on the QuickBooks CD and then click on the option of Explore.
- Then follow the same process for other third party folders, and setup.exe file in the right pane.
- Now you need to press and hold the ctrl key and then select the option of folders and file.
- Now you have to make a right click on the highlighted folder and choose the option of Copy.
- Once this is done, you have to reach back to the QuickBooks folder and then make a right click on this folder and click on Paste.
2- Now reach back to the folder which was copied earlier, and choose the option to install QuickBooks.
- Now, you have to open the QuickBooks folder where the files were copied.
- From here you have to select the option of setup.exe file and make a double click to start with the process of installation.
- You just have to follow the on-screen steps and complete the installation process.
Method 2: By advanced Computer user solution.
- If the above method is not working, then you can opt for ‘Advanced Computer user solution’.
- For this:
- You have to first login as the system administrator.
- Once you login as admin, you have to click on the Start button.
- From here, you have to select the option of programs and then reach to the tab of System tools.
- From there reach to the Accessories and then you have to click on the Restore Settings.
- Now from this growth window, you need to select the option of ‘Restore my computer to an early mature’.
- Next, you have to reorganize the reduction from the ‘On the list, click a modernize reduction list’ and then you have to click on Next.
- Once the process of restoration is complete, you have to restart your system.
Method 3: Scanning the system with the reimage repair tool.
- So as to fix error code C=1304, first of all you have to download the Reimage repair tool.
- Now you have to reach to the File location and then make a double click on it
- This will start the installation process, after this a User Account control (UAC) will come, you have to click on YES.
- On the welcome screen which appears, you have to ensure that all the checkbox remains unmarked so as to allow the repair tool to scan.
- To proceed further, you need to click on the install tab.
- Now the Reimage tool will be installed.
- It will begin with the prelim scan.
- Once this scan is completed, you will find the damaged areas of your PC and then you can repair them.
- Now you have to click on the Start Repair button in the bottom right corner.
- Finally, you have to restart your system.
Quickbooks File Repair — Error code: C=1304
Quickbooks Errors and Issues: Error code: C=1304
Error: Error writing to file [file name] verify that you have access to that directory
Unable to fix error. Error writing to file [file name] verify that you have access to that directory
Description: This error occurs when updating QuickBooks or repairing a QuickBooks installation. To resolve this error, replace the Data1.cab file on your hard drive with the one located on the installation CD. OR This error can be caused by an issue with the CD or the CD drive. It may also be caused by a damaged .NET component. To fix the problem Copy the installation folders from the CD to the hard drive before installing QuickBooks. To resolve this issue, install QuickBooks from files copied from the CD to the computer’s hard drive: Detailed Information: 1. Copy the installation files from the CD to the hard drive: a. Insert the QuickBooks CD into the CD drive.
If the installation starts automatically, click Quit. b. Right-click the Windows Start button and choose Explore. c. Before copying the installation files, create a new folder in a convenient location (for example, on the desktop) on the hard drive to which you will copy the installation files: i. Select Desktop in the left pane of the open window. * Windows Vista: Click the Organize drop-down arrow and choose New Folder. * Windows XP: Choose File > New > Folder. ii.
When the new folder appears in the right pane, enter QuickBooks as the name for that folder. d. In the left pane, browse to and right-click the QuickBooks CD and choose Explore. e. In the right pane, locate the QBooks and ThirdParty folders, and the setup.exe file. f. Press and hold the Ctrl key and select both folders and the file. g. Right-click one of the highlighted folders and choose Copy. h. Browse back to the QuickBooks folder you created previously. i. Right-click that folder and choose Paste. (It may take a few minutes to copy these folders from your CD to your hard drive.)
Note: If you receive an error while copying these files, there may be an issue with your CD drive or the CD itself. Try Installing QuickBooks on connected computers from one CD drive. 2. Install QuickBooks from the folders you copied to your hard drive: 1. Open the QuickBooks folder to which you copied the files. 2. Double-click the setup.exe file (or setup if you do not view file extensions) to start the installation. 3. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error C=1304?
Comprehensive Guide to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error code C=1304
Stuck at QuickBooks error C=1304 and don’t know how to get rid of it?
This is a commonly faced situation by the QuickBooks users and mostly occurs when the users update QuickBooks or install any program. As the error occurs, a pop-up appears on the screen which says, “error writing to file (file name)”. At this moment, the user needs to ensure that you have the access to the directory.
The user can also contact our QuickBooks data recovery support team at our helpline number .I.E. +1-844-405-0907, but we would first recommend to make an attempt to resolve the error manually. This article can be helpful for you to rectify the error C=1304, by carrying out a few steps manually, but before that let us check out the causes of the error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error C=1304
There are three major reasons for this error to occur, namely:
- Any kind of problem with the CD Drive can be one of the most common reasons behind the occurrence of this type of error.
- Another factor that might lead to error C=1304 can be, if the CD gets damaged or the CD driver is not functioning in the proper manner.
- If there is any kind of damage to the Microsoft .net components, then in that case the user might stumble upon QuickBooks error code C=1304.
Error Code C=1304 Analysis
Now that we know the causes of the issue, let us get a brief about QuickBooks error code C=1304. This kind of error can occur simply due to any issue with the CD or the CD drive. The problem can be fixed by copying the installation folders from CD to hard drive. Now, install QuickBooks from files copied from CD to hard drive. This would aid in resolving the error.
Possible Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error C=1304
There are 3 troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks Error c=1304. You can follow these steps in sequence as they are given below.
Method 1: Use the Installation CD to Replace Installation Files
In order to rectify the issue, the user can make use of the installation CD for replacing the installation files. This can be done by following a few simple steps enumerated below:
- To begin with, the user needs to replace the installation files from CD to hard drive
- For this, the user is supposed to insert QuickBooks CD into CD drive. As soon as the installation process gets started, the user needs to click on ‘QUIT‘ option.
- Now, go to C: drive, create a new folder and paste the files there:
- Select the desktop on the left pane of window, in Windows Vista, Click Organize and click on New Folder.
- Once the New folder appears, rename it to QuickBooks.
- After that, in left pane, right click the QuickBooks CD and also click on Explore.
- Followed by finding QuickBooks, other third party folders, and setup.exe file in right pane.
- The next step is to press and hold the Ctrl key, followed by selecting the folders and file.
- Now, On the highlighted folder, right click and opt for Copy.
- After that the user needs to come back to QuickBooks folder, right click on it and tap on Paste option.
- Now, from the folders that were copied earlier, the user needs to install QuickBooks.
- After that the user should open the QuickBooks folder where the files were copied.
- On the setup.exe file, double click to start Installation process.
- The last and final step is to follow the onscreen instructions and complete installation.
Method 2: Advanced Computer User Solution (To restore it manually)
In case the above method doesn’t work, then the user can opt for another solution namely Advanced computer user solution (To restore it manually). The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step in the process is to login as the system administrator.
- And then, click on the start button. Now, the user needs to select All Programs > System tools >Accessories, and then click System Restore settings.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select “Restore my computer to an earlier mature” button, in the growth window.
- Reorganize Reduction from “On the list, click a modernize reduction list” and then, click Next.
- The final step is to restart the system, as soon as the restoration is complete.
Method 3: Scanning the system with Reimage Repair Tool
The user can use re-image repair tool to scan, repair and detect the system errors such as 1304 error of QuickBooks:
- The very first step is to Download Reimage Repair Tool.
- Now, the user needs to navigate the file location and then double click on it. With this the Installation process will get started, after which the User Account Control (UAC) will prompt ‘if you non-existence to control the program, click Yes to continue.
- After that the user will see a welcome screen, then the user needs to ensure that checkbox remain un-tick in order to allow the repair tool to scan. After this, click Install to start the installation process.
- Now, the Reimage will install itself. Make sure that the internet connection is not broken.
- And then the preliminary scan will also begin.
- Once the scan is complete, the user will know the damaged areas of PC and would be able to repair. Click ‘Start Repair’ button in the bottom right corner.
- The last and final step is to restart the system, when the repair process is complete.
Implementing any of the above stated methods can help the user in fixing the QuickBooks error C=1304. In case, the user continues to face any error, then reaching out to our 24×7 QuickBooks error support team at +1-888-300-3913 can work in your favor.
Our team of experts and certified professionals is available round the clock to resolve your errors and ensure that your work is streamlined. Thus, feel free to contact our Experts for any further details.