America’s AT&T Company is the largest and top-rated telecommunication company in the world that offers widely used services related to mobile, Landline, Internet, and television to its billions of users. And, apart from these services, AT&T also provides webmail services to individuals and businesses from across the world.
AT&T webmail services are considered unique by the users as they are equipped with great security and at the same time, they’re highly reliable too. With the help of AT&T email services, one can receive and send emails to their multiple contacts with ease and in a very secure way.
However, its services, especially webmail services have been considered top-rated and reliable; but, unfortunately, users confront several problems with their AT&T email accounts. Therefore, having this in mind, today in this blog, we’ll try to note down all the possible problems/issues with AT&T email login and their solutions in order to help all the AT&T webmail users.
AT&T Email Not Working or Not Able to Load the Login Page:
- Well, this kind of problem mainly arises when the server of AT&T communication is down. So, instead of making changes to your SBC global email account settings, what you need to do is check “Is the server of AT&T website down” for everybody, or is it only you? And, the simplest way is to check it on the website like “Downdetector.in or Isitdownrightnow.com, etc.”
- To do so, go to the website and search your website name from its search/check bar and that’s it! It will then tell you whether the AT&T server is down for everybody or not. If it is down for everyone, then you can resolve your email login problem by using another server.
- Secondly, though it’s rare, the problem of “Not able to Load the Login Page” can also be caused by the “connectivity or browser issues.” However, there’s nothing to be panicked about as you can use below-mentioned steps to fix this ‘ AT&T mail down’ problem:
- Go to your browser’s settings, and then to the ‘privacy and security’ to clear your browser cookies and cache.
- Go to your browser settings and reset your browser.
- Go to a different web browser like ‘Firefox and Google Chrome’ to open your AT&T email account.
- Disable any add-on browser tools.
- And, check your antivirus or firewall settings as they sometimes conflict with your email account and browser. So, if they are the reasons behind your AT&T email login problems then disable them and then try logging to your account.
Improper AT&T Email Server Settings:
It is necessary to check and (whenever required) update your AT&T email server settings for both the incoming and outgoing mail server because improper configuration of AT&T email server settings can also lead to many email problems and errors. Therefore, to help all the users to update the correct AT&T incoming and outgoing email server settings, we below mentioned them. So, have a look and correct your server settings to troubleshoot the problem related to AT&T email account:
- For Incoming Mail Server:
- Type of server: IMAP
- Name of server: imap.mail.ATT&T.net
- Security type: TLS/SSL
- Port Number: 993
- For Outgoing Mail Server:
- Type of server: SMTP
- Name of server: smtp.mail.ATT&T.net
- Security type: SSL/TLS
- Port Number: 465
Now, log out of your account, restart your device and login back to your account to check whether the problem related to your AT&T email account has been resolved properly or not. If not then you can also try these tips to cater to various email problems:
- You have to make sure that your emails should meet out the maximum size limit of a mail account; otherwise you won’t be able to send or receive a message.
- Along with that, also ensure to type the correct mail address of a recipient, otherwise, you’ll receive a ‘mail delivery failure’ message.
- You can even check your ‘Spam’ folder if you’re not getting the desired mails. If you find them in the spam folder, review your filter settings to ensure that emails are going to the correct folder. Also, at the same time, check your ‘Blocked addresses’ for making yourself sure that you’re not blocking addresses of those from whom you’re expecting emails.
Not Able to Sign-in To the Account:
If you can’t access your AT&T email account, probably because your account has been hacked. However, before coming to any conclusion, it is suggested to confirm it, we have below-listed the few signs that will help you to differentiate whether your account has been compromised or not. So, let’s have a look:
- You get emails from your own email account address.
- You receive complaints from your address book about getting spam from your email ID.
- A changed display name.
- Missing emails or unexpected password reset emails.
- And, the most important sign is that your AT&T email password stopped working.
Now, with the help of the above-mentioned signs, if you came to know that your account has been hacked then it’s necessary that you take effective steps to recover your hacked account. So, to help users in this matter also, we below-listed the two methods to reset your password to recover hacked AT&T email account:
Use Alternate Recovery Email Address or Phone Number:
- Visit the ‘AT&T sign-in page’ and there enter your possibly correct login credentials. Then click on the ‘Forgot password.’
- After that in order to receive a link to reset your password, provide your recovery email address or phone number.
- Once you received it, click on the link and change your password to a new and secure one.
- Use Security Question:
- Perform the same above mentioned first step and then instead of choosing a recovery method option, choose ‘I’ll answer my security question.’
- After that, correctly answer your security question and press on ‘continue.’
- Then, the AT&T email service will direct you to a page where you can easily reset your password.
- That’s it! After receiving confirmation from the AT&T email service, login to your account using the new password.