What are Runtime Errors in QuickBooks & how to fix Error QBW32.exe
Quickbooks is an excellent bookkeeping software from Intuit and with lots of great things about the software, one thing that makes it an ideal choice for the business houses is the updates from the company that makes it a perfect choice for the business houses that need an updated and feature-rich bookkeeping software for them. In this article, we will learn how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error qbw32 exe easily.
However, like any other software out in the market, Quickbooks also has some issues that often annoy users. And if you are not a technical person, then you may find the situation even harder to handle.
QuickBooks Runtime Error QBW32.exe
One such error that most Quickbooks users often get while using the software is the Quickbooks Runtime Error. Today, we are going to talk about the causes behind the error, how to solve it, and how you can avoid getting the Runtime error repeatedly. So, if you have ever encountered this Runtime error in QuickBooks and want to know about it more, be with us until the end and you will know how to deal with it.
Reasons behind getting Runtime Error like Runtime error qbw32.exe
Though there may be many reasons behind getting the QuickBooks Runtime error qbw32 exe, one common condition when the users usually get it is after installing third-party integrated software on their PC. This is generally caused by the settings the software or app changes, and that contradicts the ideal conditions of Quickbooks Runtime.
The error message that is usually displayed to the users is
Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\IntuituickBOoks29xxqbw32.exe
This not only indicates that the application behaved unusually, but it also means that there are some settings changes that are causing the program to function properly.
The common causes behind the Quickbooks Runtime error are
- The company file is damaged
- Error with the Windows compatibility mode
- The QBW.INI somehow got damaged
Methods to Fix Runtime error in Quickbooks
To solve the Quickbooks Runtime error, there are four common ways that you can try by yourself. These are
- Run QuickBooks with No Data
- Rename the QBW.INI file in the system
- Reboot the system to get rid of the error
- Kill all the background Windows processes
Method 1: End QBW32.exe task from Task Manager
In order to fix the QuickBooks Runtime Error, you need to fix the Quickbooks C++ related Errors. And make sure that any instance of Quickbooks (QBW32.exe) is not running in the background.
- Navigate to the Task Manager to know about the instances currently running.
- Navigate to the processes tab and look for the QBW32.exe
- Select all the related instances and click on End Task.
- Now close the Task Manager
- open QuickBooks, and you should not get any Runtime error now
- If yes move to the next solution
Method 2: Rename the QWB.INI on your system
Another popular way to get rid of the Runtime error is to rename the QWB.INI. And here’s how you are supposed to do it.
- QWB.INI is an application file. Navigate to it by using the file explorer. You can reach this file under the Program file\Quickbooks folder. Search for the file and append.OLD to the file name. IF asked, confirm your action and refresh the page.
- Click on the Desktop icon for Quickbooks and you shall now be able to run the software smoothly.
This method can be useful if you are getting an error due to some path issues. There are instances that cause the path error that leads to runtime error along with many random errors. By renaming the file to a new one, you can work on getting a new path while working on Quickbooks.
Learn how to fix QuickBooks Error R6025
Method 3: Reboot your system
The most common way to deal with runtime errors is to reboot your system. IT may look too basic, but believe us guys, most users have stopped getting the error after rebooting their system.
The most common reason behind why these solution works are with time, the system starts many instances of applications and most of them get stuck in between. This may cause some errors in the working of some software instances.
By rebooting your system you eventually kill all the running apps and instances that can cause issues with the Quickbooks. So, if you are not able to reach the root cause of the Runtime error on your system, we will suggest you simply restart your PC, and open a fresh instance of the software once your PC starts.
Method 4: Open QuickBooks with no company file open
Another effective way to deal with Runtime error is to close all Windows processes and restart the Quickbooks App from the scratch. Here’s how you’re going to achieve it.
- Navigate to Task Manager Window by pressing the Key combination Ctrl+Alt+Delete
- Under processes, search for the QBE.exe
- Right-click the icon while holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard.
- Select Open
- In No Company Open Screen, press and hold the Alt key and launch the company data file
- This will help you open the company file without letting other Windows to open it.
This method can be extremely helpful if you are facing issues due to multiple instances of the file. By using the simple procedure listed here, you can easily restrict the usage of the company file and use the single instance of your file.
Contact QuickBooks Experts To Fix Runtime Error in QuickBooks
So, these were the reasons behind getting the QuickBooks Runtime error and the four easiest yet most effective ways to resolve the error. Try your hands on the above-listed ways and make sure that you have the right settings for Quickbooks to avoid the Runtime and other errors right through.
You can use the simplest methods first and then move to the complex one if you are not too comfortable to solve the problems that need technical knowledge. In case you are still not able to figure out the problem, you can easily get in touch with QuickBooks 24/7 Support experts at +1-888-300-3913.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe?
Are you aware of the best accounting software in the market? Aren’t you? If not, you are surely missing out on something really very crucial. QuickBooks by Intuit is undoubtedly the best accounting software in the market today. It helps in managing all the company’s finances in a systematic manner, and even help in filing tax returns. But, despite its unmatchable features and growing popularity, at the time, users do face inevitable glitches while using this software. One such error is QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe which is basically the desired file in QuickBooks which is connected to the value of payroll and the ultimate QuickBooks pro software for the operating system of the windows. This glitch occurs due to a lot of spam mails or in case the users are trying to access any infected sites. To overcome this error, you can either try the below-mentioned steps or simply get on a call with the experts at QuickBooks support phone number. They are there to assist you 24*7 and give you quick and reasonable solutions.
Easy Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe
- Close all the process of QBW32.exe
- Right-click on the taskbar of the ‘Windows’ and tap on ‘Start Task Manager.’
- Now, click on the ‘Process Button’ and then press ‘Image Name Header’ in order to arrange the list alphabetically.
- Then choose the ‘QBW32.3exe’ file and tap on ‘End Process.’
2. Suppress the QuickBooks Accounting Application
- Right-click on the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ icon and then press the ‘ctrl’ key.
- Then tap on ‘Open Function’ and make sure you do not release the ‘ctrl’ key, till the time ‘No company open window’ is displayed.
- Now, access your QuickBooks file.
3. Reboot your computer device
- This step is quite easy and straightforward. All you have to do in order to fix this error is to reboot your system, which helps in starting your PC from scratch. Once it restarts, access the QuickBooks application to check if the error has been solved.
4. Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download >the ‘QB Install Diagnostic Tool’ and then run it on your software, in order to fix any error which, you might be facing while opening the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once the download and installation are completed, save the program on your PC.
- Now, close ‘All Programs’ running at the background and then run the ‘QBInstall Tool.’
- Once the tool is done with its work, reboot your system in order to update all the applications effectively.
5. Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- order to far away from those corrupted and damaged installation files of the QuickBooks Desktop, it is advisable to run the repair of the installation of QuickBooks.
6. A Clean Installation of the QuickBooks Desktop
- In case, none of the above-mentioned works, then you can simply uninstall the program and then reinstall it, to rerun it.
These troubleshooting steps above can surely help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe and give your software a fresh start. But in case it is not the case, and you are stuck somewhere in the middle there a no better option than taking the help of the professionals. You can call on the QuickBooks customer support and ask for quick and reasonable assistance.
Get Rid of QuickBooks Runtime Error Once and for All
QuickBooks software, developed by Intuit® helps small and mid-sized businesses with their book-keeping and finance-related tasks. To make the QuickBooks software more user-friendly, tools are launched every now and then but, with every advancement, there are minor errors that pop up. One such halt faced by users is Runtime Error QuickBooks. In the blog, we cover the details of the QuickBooks Runtime Error and the resolutions for Runtime Error in QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the complete article for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
Looking for a Solution to QuickBooks Runtime Error? Call Support Number (844)-888-4666 for Expert’s Guidance
What is QuickBooks Desktop Runtime Error and why it Occurs?
QuickBooks Desktop Runtime Error can appear suddenly while performing important tasks on the QuickBooks application. “Qbw32.exe – Memory could not be read” or “Runtime Error’ – Runtime has terminated in an unusual way – contact support” are the usual messages that appear indicating about QuickBooks Giving Runtime Error. The error can appear because of the following reasons:
- The company file is corrupted or damaged.
- The windows compatibility mode is turned on while operating the QuickBooks.
- The QBW.INI file id damaged or corrupt.
IMPORTANT: Utilize QuickBooks Verify/Rebuild Data Utility if you suspect the errors is appearing because of data corruption.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Runtime Library Error
As we progress in this blog to list the methods which will help you solve QuickBooks Runtime Library Error, try rebooting the computer and check if the QuickBooks is opening up. If not, try one of the methods listed below. Make sure to follow the troubleshooting steps in the sequence listed below.
Method 1: Run the QuickBooks Application without Company File
- To run the QB application you need to resolve the QuickBooks C++ related Errors.
- For this first ensure that the QBW.exe is not running in the background of the computer processes.
- Press ‘Ctrl + Alt + Delete’ and navigate to the Processes tab.
- If you see a process running with the name of QBW.exe, right-click the process and select End Task.
- Click Yes for the confirmation.
- Right-click the ‘QuickBooks’ icon while pressing and holding down the CTRL key.
- Click ‘OPEN’ and the software will open up without any company file opened in it.
- Check if this resolves the error and if you are still getting the same error, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Method 2: Open Company File without any other Running Windows
- Close the QBW.EXE file by following the steps mentioned above.
- After you have closed the QBW file, double-click the QuickBooks icon, (as before) and press and hold the ‘ALT’ key from the ‘NO COMPANY’ window.
- While holding the ALT key launch the ‘Company file’, without any other windows being opened.
- If you are still getting the runtime error in QuickBooks then try renaming the QBW.INI file.
Method 3: Rename the QBW.INI file
Make sure your Windows is set to Display Hidden Windows Files. The QBW.INI file is usually located in
Windows 7, Windows Vista: C:\ Program Data\ Intuit\ QuickBooks [Version] Folder where [Version] represents the version of QuickBooks Desktop software.
Windows XP: C:\ Documents and Settings\ All Users\ Application Data\ Intuit\ QuickBooks [Version] where [Version] is the version of your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Apart from manually finding the file you can also locate the QBW.INI file with the help of windows search tool.
- Right click the file and select Rename.
- Rename it by adding .OLD as the extension.
- Launch QuickBooks to check the status of the error.
However, if even after following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article does not resolve the QuickBooks Runtime Error, then you can always reach us at our Helpline Number +1-888-300-3913 for immediate help and support.
Simple Ways to Fix the QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe
QuickBooks desktop is perhaps the best accounting software available in the market today. For having powerful features, it has become the top choices of big multinational companies, medium businesses and even the smaller ones. This software not only helps companies in handling their accounts but also manage their finances and sales effectively. What is best about this application is that every year, a new version of QuickBooks Desktop is launched with new and improved features.
You may see the following error message on your desktops screen:
“APPCRASH-QBW32.EXE-Quickbooks has stopped working“. Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
What is QBW32.exe problem?
Even though QuickBooks desktop has gained immense popularity, at times, users do face certain issues. One of the common technical error faced by users is the qbw32.exe. The QuickBooks software QBW32.exe is basically a file which is connected with the value of payroll and the QuickBooks pro software for the operating system of the windows. This error happens due to a lot of spam email or if users are accessing the infected sites.
The error occurs during the PC start up or program start up or when you are trying to take a print out. Also this error occurs due to when you have downloaded and installed the latest QuickBooks release update. Through this article we are going to describe you, why this error occurs in your QB and how a user can resolve it by their own.
You may also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 2000?
How to resolve the following messages, which occur when starting QuickBooks:
Error message: Problem – qbw32.exe – The instruction at OX (…) referenced memory at OX (…). The memory could not be read.
Cannot find qbwin32.dll
Cannot find qbw32.exe
Causes of the QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe
These messages can appear for either of the following reasons:
- The file qbwin32.dll is not in the QuickBooks directory.
- The file qbw32.exe may have been moved out of the QuickBooks directory.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error qbw32.exe?
When you click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon program in most cases QB doesn’t start or it partially respond. A simple way to fix the issue is by restarting the computer. However, you should also know that if you are repeatedly clicking on the QuickBooks icon then it might not respond properly.
Below are the following steps to fix QBW32.exe error:
Solution 1: Close the process of QBW32.exe
- First thing to do is right-click on the taskbar of the “Windows” and then tap on “Start Task Manager“.
- After this click on the “Process button” and then on the “Image name header” so as to arrange the processes alphabetically.
- Once done search and then choose the “QBW32.exe” and after that click on “End Process“.
Solution 2: Suppress the QuickBooks accounting application
- First right click on the “QuickBooks Desktop” icon and then press the “Ctrl key“.
- Now click on “Open function“.
- Ensure that you do not release the “Ctrl key” till the “No company open window” of the company is displayed.
- After this access your QuickBooks file
Read this Also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 6094?
Solution 3: Reboot your computer system
A simple way to fix this error is by rebooting your PC. This will start your system from the scratch. After your PC restarts access QuickBooks application.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
Firstly, Download the QBInstall tool and then run it to fix an array of errors that you may be facing when opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- First download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the file in your PC when it is prompted.
- After this close “All programs” if they are open and then run your “QBInstall Tool“
- Please note that it can take 20 minutes to complete and depends upon the speed of the internet as well as the performance of the computer.
- After running the tool, reboot the system so that all the applications are effectively updated.
Solution 5: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- When running the repair of the installation of QuickBooks you are actually repairing the corrupted and damaged installation files of the QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 6: Do a clean Installation of the QuickBooks Desktop
- If all the above steps fail then all you need to do is uninstall the program and reinstall it and then run it again.
- A clean installation means that installing all files again in a fresh folder but it is actually a similar default folder. This whole process will not be able to remove or delete the company file in any way.
In case, the problem doesn’t get resolved through the above mentioned steps then our QuickBooks error support services providing team will be always available to help you in this. Our experienced and well-trained experts are available 24/7 at +1-888-300-3913 to fix the issues as well as guide you to avoid them in the near future. Why wait, call us to enjoy the best technical support service.